[ExI] The ultimate test of your transhumanist convictions...

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 22:13:43 UTC 2010

On 6/24/10, Ross Evans  wrote:
> The whole pension system is predicated upon actuarial assumptions
> that no longer hold true; it was never envisaged that people would live 20+
> years beyond their retirement age, and this flaw now represents a risk of
> systemic failure in the pension system, especially in Europe. I'd say if
> you're 30 years or more from pension age, putting capital into a pension is
> likely to be a bad financial decision.

I'm not really disagreeing, just saying keep your options open.
Many dot-com millionaires found their wealth disappeared overnight.

You youngsters will be taxed to the hilt anyway to pay for the boomers
pensions as the population ages. The UK is already proposing moving to
a 70 retirement age and it will probably keep on increasing if life
expectancy keeps increasing.
If we get to the stage of life expectancy increasing by one year every
year then you won't *ever* get a government pension.

But accumulating capital is still to be recommended.
(But I'm not going to tell you how to do it - that's up to you).  :)

BillK