[ExI] The ultimate test of your transhumanist convictions...

udend05 at aol.com udend05 at aol.com
Fri Jun 25 22:03:03 UTC 2010

Does a lack of foresight really test one's transhumanist
convictions? Even supposing the singularity does happen,
it can't help to plan ahead, surely?

One sense in which such planning may very well be
useful is in recognising that the likelihood is -
assuming capitalism goes on being the prevailing
economic philosophy - the kinds of technology
we all want to see developed will be extremely
expensive. I for one want to have the cash
ready for all the wonderful life-extension
and mind-uploading techniques. I'd hate to
have dreamt about them all these years only
to discover I couldn't afford them when the time
came!

Damian U.