[ExI] few bits per second

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Jun 27 03:59:33 UTC 2010

On 6/26/2010 10:25 PM, Ross Evans wrote:

> The work of P.E.A.R has been debunked many times, I am surprised that
> this is news to you.

I suggest you read some of the detailed statistical reports from PEAR.
Go to http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/publications.html and look at any
of the experimental reports (not the discursive essays). (Of course you
won't, you know in your bones, as John Clark does, that it's all BULLSHIT.)

> Regarding the review...
>
> http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Outside+the+Gates+of+Science%3A+Why+It%27s+Time+for+the+Paranormal+to+...-a0176480171

More hilarity. This is your idea of a killer review of my book?
Professor Caroline Watts' mostly positive reading?

 > Please provide a link to just one  of these scientifically credible
 > papers in support of the phenomena you claim exist.

Read Prof Bem and Charles Honorton <dbem.ws/Does%20Psi%20Exist%3F.pdf>

Read linked from <http://www.ics.uci.edu/~jutts/psipapers.html>

Utts, J. M. (1996) An Assessment of the Evidence for Psychic
Functioning, Journal of Scientific Exploration, 10 (1), 3-30.  Also in
Journal of Parapsychology, 59(4), 289-320.

Hyman, R. (1996) Evaluation of Program on Anomalous Mental Phenomena
Journal of Scientific Exploration 10(1), 31-58. Also in Journal of
Parapsychology, 59(4), 321-352.

Utts, J. M. (1996) Response to Ray  Hyman's Report of September 11,
1995, "Evaluation of Program on Anomalous Mental Phenomena."  Journal of
Scientific Exploration 10(1), 59-61. Also in Journal of Parapsychology,
59(4), 353-356.

May, E.C. (1996). The American Institutes for Research Review of the
Department of Defense's STAR GATE Program: A Commentary. Journal of
Scientific Exploration 10(1), 89-107.