[ExI] few bits per second (was extropy-chat Digest, Vol 81, Issue 37)

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 27 17:31:46 UTC 2010

On Jun 26, 2010, at 5:01 PM, Damien Broderick wrote:

> A rather different take on all this was offered by the late physicist Evan Harris Walker. I have serious doubts about his calculations, not to mention his theories, but here it is in brief:
>
> http://www.newdualism.org/papers/E.H.Walker/Dualism.html

It seems to be utterly useless work to me. It all boils down to one sentence  "The quantum states are the basis for consciousness"; well fine but how do those quantum states do it? How does that advance our understanding over neuron firing does it or my favorite that consciousness is just the way data feels when it is being processed?

  John K Clark