[ExI] Purpose of list was a few bits per second

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 14:34:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 5:00 AM,  udend05 at aol.com> wrote:

> Surely these issues aren't going to impact too much on the ongoing project of getting transhumanism accepted into the mainstream?

Max can speak up on this topic, but I never saw any point to getting
transhumanism (or before that extropy) into the main stream.  It was a
discussion list of people who were concerned with the effects of
nanotechnology, cryonics. uploading, and the emergence of vast
computational power on the prospects for AI.

If you want to see the list discussions for the first few years in
fictional form, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerando_%28novel%29

Keith