[ExI] Purpose of list was a few bits per second

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 11:07:21 UTC 2010

On 29 June 2010 20:25,  <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:
> Isn't "wet transhumanism" an oxymoron?  I can easily see subpersonas of an
> agent as "wet" but not as a central person/agent.

"Wet" meaning "with an emphasis on bio rather than nano or info".

>> By their "internal" vs "external" nature: even though I do not believe in
>> esoteric circles à la Scientology, there is some language which is
>> perfectly
>> acceptable amongst us which is not perhaps perfectly suited for an
>> appearance in a TV show or an article in a mass newspaper.
>
> But many of us have talked about distributed cognition in the mass media -
> on TV and newspapers.

Sure. And I expect that in the framework of a consistent, uniform
language some level of fine-tuning in view of the channel and its
audience is certainly adopted by most of us.

If I write for instance a msg to this list, I assume that I can take a
few things for granted which may require instead some further
clarifications or qualifications when I am adressing, say, a group of
patent attorneys without any prior exposure to H+ ideas, or a
high-school classroom. That's all that I am saying.

--
Stefano Vaj