[ExI] Fwd: psi yet again

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Jun 30 21:24:05 UTC 2010

On 6/30/2010 4:04 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:

> I really do not have any spiritual/eldritch experiences to tell about.

Please don't imagine that I'm putting forward eldritch experiences as
evidence for psi or spirit--most of them probably have quite commonplace
explanations of the sort we all can enumerate in a few seconds. However,
if psi *is* ever generally accepted and suitably theorized, people will
surely backwardly modify their assessment of some such events, which
after all *might* be due to more than chance coincidence, paradeilia,
forgetfulness of disconfirming instances, etc. It's a bit like
evolutionary biology or, better still, history: you usually can't
*predict* something from first principles, but after it happens you can
often see how and why it happened, and observe that this comports with
your general theory (if it's sound).

I liked the rainbow description! Yer a poet, Rafal!

Damien Broderick