[ExI] Continuity of experience

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 00:33:28 UTC 2010

On 1 March 2010 06:02, Spencer Campbell <lacertilian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Technically, C has a different mind from A or B. The brain is doing
> something different in C. For some reason or another, M makes the leap
> from A to B to C, skittering across many different minds over time.

I guess you are talking about M making a leap as a sort of analogy,
but it can be a misleading one. For continuity of experience it is
necessary *and* sufficient that the right sorts of mental states occur
in A, B and C. M does not add anything to the explanation and does not
go leaping.

--
Stathis Papaioannou