[ExI] The entropy of Extropy-Chat

Aware aware at awareresearch.com
Mon Mar 1 03:36:16 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Spencer Campbell <lacertilian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>:
>> Watching the Great Swobe Disaster endlessly unreel (while repeatedly hitting
>> Delete) has made me realize that lists *can't* effectively allow this sort
>> of monomania to overwhelm their dynamic.
>
> Would everyone agree that putting an abrupt end to all living
> Searle-derivative threads is a good idea?

As I've said before, if the participants actually cared about reaching
a more encompassing understanding, they should make the effort to
summarize THE OTHER participants's positions.  Moreover, they could
establish some structure expressing the various points of view,
supporting beliefs, and potential approaches to falsification or
assessment of [in]coherence.

I think such efforts toward not reconciliation, but encompassment,
would be worthwhile.  But instead we get just another example of the
psychology of human biases and status-seeking behavior.

- Jef