[ExI] ExI] intelligence, coherence, the frontal lobe, quantum evolution

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 06:35:16 UTC 2010

Oi!  Phew--I am glad someone will tell me that (as I'd assumed) I have
grossly oversimplified the workings of QM in order to speculate.

However--given that neurons ALSO need multiple quanta of energy to fire, and
that there may be "loose" enough bonding to allow sizable delocalization, is
it tenable that the brain can in some way use this quantum efficiency to
calculate things faster?  I was under the impression that the problem with
QM in biological situations was mostly associated with a "noisy
environment," and that the discovery of coherence in plants, which are
relatively hot, perhaps allowed for other situations.

Am I wrong in assuming this?  What makes coherence possible for plants that
would not apply to brains?