[ExI] Phil Jones acknowledging that climate science isn'tsettled

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 18:17:47 UTC 2010

On 2 March 2010 18:43, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
> ### Indeed. There already appear to be suicidal cultists as well:
>
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/argentina/7344329/Baby-survives-parents-global-warming-suicide-pact.html

Wow, now that you mention it, I have been emitting CO2 myself right
now. Should I immediately stop, perhaps, for Gaia's sake? :-)

There are a few transhumanists (see IEET) who appear to make much of
the AGW as an occasion where scientists would be listened, and
planet-scale measures commanding some technological investments would
be adopted in view of taking control of our destiny, but I think that
such reading of the AGW culture is very optimistic.

Most of the time, I just see the rant of rabid neoluddites who would
just hate as much any kind of large scale alternative to oil and gas
and who abhor the very idea of fiddling with supposed "sacred natural
equilibria"...

--
Stefano Vaj