[ExI] endpoint of evolution

Jeff Davis heavensblade23 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 21:11:05 UTC 2010

> I'm ambivalent about the Great Filter myself, but I do think the Fermi
> Paradox probably tells us that the speed of light is indeed an unbreakable
> boundary (or that we are living inside a simulation, or that we are
> quarantined, or...).

One possibility I've been thinking about lately is that working out the
details of how two sentient species should make first contact is very
difficult.  Even an exchange of scientific knowledge could be disastrous
under the right circumstances.  Maybe for that reason it's best to stay in
your own neck of the woods.

--
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature. There may be
other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be