[ExI] Thread renaming (Was: common sense)

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Mar 5 03:13:53 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty

> >> ...On Behalf Of Spencer Campbell
> >> ...No one is out to get you...
> >
> > I am!  I have reverse paranoia: I am out to get everyone.
> What happens to you plan if you develop multiple personalities?

That is normal transhumanist behavior.  If we upload, then make multiple
copies, the copies diverge eventually because of differing external
influences.

Anyway, the doctor said I was paranoid schizophrenic because I thought they
were out to get me and I had multiple personalities.  She gave me pills,
told me to take one a day.  The pills work really well on the PS, but the
major side effect is memory loss.  So I took one, which cured the two
original maladies.  Soon I thought I was just me, and no one was out to get
me.  I went around with a delightful if somewhat creepy expression, like
that singing commie I posted earlier.

A problem soon arose however: the memory loss caused me to forget that I had
taken my pill, so just to be safe I took another one.  Then I didn't take
any more that day because the second one caused me to forget that I had any
pills.  But it also overshot on both the other scales, so I went from cured
to actually reverse paranoid and reverse schizophrenic.  So now I am out to
get everyone and I think a whole bunch of actual different people are really
only me.

Problem is, now I don't remember who any of my actual people are and who it
is that I am supposed to get.  The other day, just to be on the safe side, I
got somebody.  But then I couldn't remember what I was supposed to do to him
once I got him, so I had to let him go.  Good thing, because he might have
been one of me.