[ExI] intellectual property again

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 18:57:11 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 5:01 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I convince a native Indian to sell me Manhattan for a handle of
> beads of his own free will, that's not a fair contract.

### That Indian relinquished a minor part of his hunting range, got
beads, gave them to squaws and scored. The settlers got a messy,
wooded little rock that needed years of backbreaking labor to be
transformed into middling-quality farmland (and millions of man-years
to build into a financial center), so the transaction was quite
equitable. Who are you to tell the Indians what to do with their land?
Are you some white-man guru of sorts, who feels he can call the shots
with brown people?

Rafal