[ExI] Social implications ofwidespread extropian/positivistideals.

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Mar 9 22:18:28 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Social implications ofwidespread
> extropian/positivistideals.
>
> On 3/9/2010 3:00 PM, spike wrote:
>
> > And if they let you down, there is always those greedy heartless
> > capitalists who can point you in the right direction.  They are the
> > ones who consistently come thru for us in the states.
>
> Really? When you've got a rabid madman on your hands, and
> he's your damaged pal and you don't want to bring in a Xe
> Services swat team to kill him? What do you have in mind here, Spike?...
Damien Broderick

I recognize the need for the local authorities for the dangerous roommate
situation.  What I had in mind is that the roommate's sister, who owns the
apartment, would soon be inviting Dwayne to seek other accommodations
forthwith should the dangerous roommate find himself incarcerated, at which
time Dwayne would be ill advised to depend on charitable religioso,
non-profiteers, government largesse or social workers, all of whom will
likely leave one shivering and hungry on the street, as the cooler weather
approaches in Australia.

>From Dwayne's writing, I am guessing he is a younger man, so the right
answer is to do as the rock band Styx urges the angry young man (whose
future looks quite bright to me):  "Get up!  Get back on your feet!  You're
the one they can't beat and you know it..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7xKWkHkvOg

I love that song.  In my own misspent youth it hit all the right notes with
me, sounding so delightfully capitalistic in an era which languished in
anti-materialistic malaise (1977).  Dwayne, flee from the dangerous roommate
and his charitable sister!  Get back on your feet, me lad!