[ExI] intellectual property again

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 16:08:29 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:03 AM, JOSHUA JOB <nanite1018 at gmail.com> wrote:

So you cannot be said to be living your life, rather, you are living
at other's mercy.

### So children and the infirm, who live on our sufferance, are not
living their lives?

>>  Who decides what is right and wrong, and how? Who defines "justly
>> acquired", "harm", "initiate force"? You?
>
> It is based on principles that can be derived, in principle, by anyone, as it is simply philosophy. As for who decides in general, that would be a government, in any big society. Property rights are codified for all to see in law (so there is no ambiguity on the guiding principles), harm and force are mediated by police and courts, etc.

### You have completely glossed over practically all of moral
philosophy. Not much discussion is possible at this level of gloss.

> Irrational in that they do not support your life.

### Wasting your time on exi does not support your life, and that
makes you irrational, therefore I don't need to pay attention to your
desires. QED

A word of advice: Don't abuse terms such as "rational" (for the
correct meaning I suggest the wikipedia article on rationality), and
never say that moral philosophy or the engineering of legal systems
are "simple".

Rafal