[ExI] Bodies

jameschoate at austin.rr.com jameschoate at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 10 17:50:42 UTC 2010

No, I don't think I saw your commentary. My time is very limited right now and what I've been doing is hunting and pecking at threads until I see something that's interesting and then track it for a few replies, then go back and add a reply to the original post that seems to cover points nobody else may have.

The question you pose as to what transhumanist might be missing doesn't seem to be the same question as to what are mind transfer discussions missing. That was what I was addressing. Egan and others have written about it but  most discussions about it tend to become mental pablum pretty quickly with generalizations like it will become universal.

To address your question, transhumanist are missing the point that they're not. They see the potential but that's different than practicing the potential. The Buddhist have a koan that seems apropos...

One speaks of what one doesn't understand.

--
 -- -- -- --
Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus

jameschoate at austin.rr.com