[ExI] Bodies

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 03:31:28 UTC 2010

On 11 March 2010 13:00,  <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:
> Haha Good one Spike!  (More like kiss our tits and asses good-bye!)
>
> In the design world there is some arguing between which is more cool for the
> future humans - evolution of the Metaverse or VR.

At the risk of sounding smug, I've been finding the 3D worlds boring.
There's already a rich environment, brimming with possibilities for
human life and expression on the internet - it's called "the
internet". It's just hard to recognise it as such, because it's not
like the physical world at all. That people then go and implement a 3D
walled garden in a little corner of the 'net, is nice for a
playground, but I wouldn't want to live there. When I upload, I want
to be native to the raw 'net, leave the physical world analogues for
the n00bs.

> Bty, if anyone didn't see Guilio's article on the virtual immersionists and
> augmentationists, it's a good read.  I posted it a couple of weeks ago but
> it seemed to go unnoticed (maybe because everyone has already read it).
>  Anyway, here it is again:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Giulio+AND+augmentationists&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=
>
> http://10.10.2.51:15871/cgi-bin/blockpage.cgi?ws-session=1107538183
>
> http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/prisco20070812/

Interesting article, although it did make me think "really? they are
only just now adding voice to SL?" We had to deal with this in WoW
quite some years back, and (*spoiler alert*) the augmentationists win.

--
Emlyn

http://www.songsofmiseryanddespair.com - My show, Fringe 2010
http://point7.wordpress.com - My blog