[ExI] koag moment

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Mar 11 20:32:28 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of jameschoate at austin.rr.com
> Subject: Re: [ExI] koag moment
>
> Blood Music > jameschoate at austin.rr.com

Who is this Greg Bear, and why is he stealing all my best ideas?  Oh,
wait...

>>We could imagine internal nanobots gradually taking over and simulating
the activity of the brain in a steady inloading process, while dismantling
the less necessary bits, starting with the hair, nails and subcutaneous
adipose tissue, gradually moving inwards... spike

Actually I overlooked the obvious.  Nanobots would consist primarily of
carbon I would think, and a few other minerals, in which case the obvious
source of materials no longer needed by the biological body would be
excrement.  That material would even come with embedded bacteria, which
contain mitochondria, which could perhaps be used by the nanobots as a
temporary power source until the KOAG moment.

Of course this concept would give entirely new meaning to the term "shit for
brains."