[ExI] Bodies

jameschoate at austin.rr.com jameschoate at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 17 16:31:12 UTC 2010

---- Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with Ben and Lee. These anti-uploading rants sound like deep ecology
> nonsense to me.

What anti-upload rants? You're spin doctoring to your own end using a strawman and an ad hominem in the process.

Listen to me, there is nothing sublime in a senile brain
> slowly dying in a rotting body. The sooner we can leave these things behind
> us, the better.

Agreed, however it's not an either or sort of thing. Managing our biology is a critical step forward, escaping it is not. I'd say anybody who believes the best answer to our reality is to escape it completely and live in some machine utopia has some deep seated self-hate issues. Not to mention that it completely ignores who manages that physical infrastructure such a utopia would require. It's a gilded cage escapism.

> Moreover, we used to agree on self-ownership and radical morphological
> freedom. I hope we still do.

Irrelevant and indicates that you either don't understand or don't want to admit the validity of the contra coup.

--
 -- -- -- --
Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus

jameschoate at austin.rr.com