[ExI] Bodies

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 02:26:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 3:54 AM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:
> Are you finding yourself curious about enough things?
> Or curious enough? Curiosity itself is simple a certain
> kind of brain behavior. As for me, I'm not sufficiently
> curious about knitting or kayaking, though it would be
> neat to experience going off Niagara Falls in a kayak,
> now that I think of it. And there are lots of things
> that don't begin with the letter "k" which I intend
> to become curious about if I make it.

Thanks.  Now I'm curious about knitting a kayak to go over Niagara
Falls.  While I'm at it, how about skydiving with no parachute, just a
large ball of synthetic yarn (so it doesn't absorb water) - how fast
can I knit a kayak such that it'll be ready before I hit the water?
Oh yeah, I guess in the simulator I'll have control of gravity as much
as the wetting factor of the yarn, etc. etc.

Don't we already have some control over motivation to do different
activities?  If I really don't feel interested enough in my job or
other aspects of my life, can't I just get a prescription
neuroceutical?  Why don't we do that?

I wonder if their will be a new equilibrium that happens even after
people uncap the restrictions of biological functions...