[ExI] Bodies

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 23:13:27 UTC 2010

On 19 March 2010 07:57, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Amphetamines cannot selectively increase interest in a particular
>> activity. They increase catecholamine activity throughout the brain
>> and the rest of the body, and as one of many effects (many
>> undesirable) this can increase goal-directed behaviour.
>
> OK, how about hormones that increase sex drive?

Giving androgens to women sometimes does, but that has other
side-effects. Amphetamines and some other recreational drugs can
increase libido but they also have other side-effects, including
decreased performance. If you can discover an aphrodisiac that works
and has no significant side-effects then I don't need to tell you you
will become very rich.

--
Stathis Papaioannou