[ExI] SF authors who write about the singularity

*Nym* nymphomation at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 17:19:31 UTC 2010

On 20 March 2010 14:53, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Richard Morgan's noir SF novels in Takeshi Kovacs' universe (Altered
> Carbon, Broken Gods, Woken Furies) have post-singularity technologies,
> but people are still people.

I've only read Altered Carbon, but I was struck by the fact that
despite a century or two of AIs existing they hadn't become superhuman
intelligences. In fact the book's main AI character was relegated to
running an empty hotel. Also the setting was nothing like post
scarcity. Perhaps the later books explain these points..?

Heavy splashings,
Thee Nymphomation

'If you cannot afford an executioner, a duty executioner
will be appointed to you free of charge by the court'