[ExI] Bodies

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 03:09:36 UTC 2010

On 21 March 2010 09:57, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:

> Well, were I placed in a cell for a year with nothing
> to read except manuals on these subjects, and nothing
> to do except little experiments having to do with them,
> then SURELY you will agree that caffeine and---as you
> assert, amphetamines---would make *all the difference
> in the world* in how enjoyable that year was. Right?

I wouldn't say "all the difference in the world". Maybe a slight
difference, but it might even make you more irritable, anxious or
dysphoric. I don't think there is evidence that any drug improves
productivity in any activity in a sustained way, although maybe small
doses of caffeine or amphetamines comes close.

--
Stathis Papaioannou