[ExI] Don't be evil

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 09:25:14 UTC 2010

I am not sure the decision was motivated by compassionate feelings
alone. Perhaps free and enthusiastic coverage and advertising on the
Western press had a part;-)

The Chinese market will be important for Google someday, but not yet.
With this move, they win a lot of karma points in their real markets,
and will worry about China later.

Note: I like Google _very_ much. But what I am thinking today, is that
perhaps this everything-is-free Internet culture can only benefit rich
multinationals like Google and create powerful monopolies. Small
companies with innovative products cannot afford to make everything
free.