[ExI] What SF do you plan to read next?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 15:55:18 UTC 2010

On 22 March 2010 23:23, Max More <max at maxmore.com> wrote:
> Back in the late 1970s and early 1980s I read a huge amount of science
> fiction. I devoured everything written by Robert Heinlein and Philip K.
Dick
> (an odd combination), and an awful lot of Isaac Asimov, Robert Silverberg,
> and some Arthur C. Clark, among others. From the late 1980s, I read much
> less, but still kept up with some of the more interesting new writers.
I've
> read only a handful of SF novels and short story collections over the
> previous decade up to 2009, but started to take a fresh look at what was
out
> there last year.

I am impressed with the very strong parallelism with my own story with SF...
Only add to that Poul Anderson, whose implicit transhumanism and
overhumanism is often underestimated.

> 2010:
> The John Varley Reader.
> Charles Stross, Singularity Sky.
> Supermen: Tales of the Posthuman Future.

>From the top of my head I would recommend most (not all) of Greg Egan's
books, plus
Rewired: The Post-Cyberpunk
Anthology<http://www.amazon.com/Rewired-Post-Cyberpunk-James-Patrick-Kelly/dp/1892391538/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269359574&sr=8-1>
by
James Patrick Kelly and John Kessel;
and obviously
Transhuman<http://www.amazon.com/Transhuman-Mark-L-Van-Name/dp/141659146X/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269359508&sr=8-18>
by
Mark L Van Name and T.K.F. Weisskopf.

The latter is a must, be it just for its title...

--
Stefano Vaj