[ExI] The "real" world

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 16:44:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Natasha Vita-More <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:
> But isn't "mild to moderate" CR comparable to simply eating healthfully?
> Eating healthfully means getting enough to sustain and not increase fat
> cells.  More important than CR is to eat healthy and exercise.  AND this to
> most people is very "painful".  For me, it would be exceedingly painful to
> eat large portions of fried food - or any food for that matter.  My body's
> cells would form a rebellion with gastritis, constipation, heart burn, and
> headaches.

This also supports my suspicion that maintaining health is a difficult
chore for a majority of our population.  We know how to eat
healthfully, we frequently choose not to do so.

How miserable will it be for the uploaders seeking to escape their
flesh-based hardware if it turns out that there is actually a
dependence between state of mind and state of body?  :)

(Not espousing a defensible position either way, just throwing it out
there for consideration)