[ExI] How effective is caloric restriction likely to be in humans?

Max More max at maxmore.com
Thu Mar 25 22:08:00 UTC 2010

Unless I'm misinterpreting you, Damien, you are saying that Aubrey's
argument as to why caloric restriction is unlikely to yield more than
2 to 3 years of life extension is stupid and crackpotish. I'm not
committed either way on the matter, but his argument does seem fairly
plausible to me and doesn't contradict existing data that I'm aware
of. (We will have to wait another couple of decades for useful data
on non-human hominids.)

So, why exactly are you dismissing Aubrey's critiquie of caloric
restriction so harshly? What are you counter-arguments?

Thanks,

Max