[ExI] The "real" world

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 13:58:43 UTC 2010

On 25 March 2010 17:28, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>> What does "slowing the aging process" mean?...Stefano Vaj
>
> If CR slows aging process 20%, then it takes 6 yrs to gather the infirmities
> that one would ordinarily get in five.  So if you would ordinarily have 30
> yrs to live, then you get 36, assuming one is fifty at the start of the
> experiment.

That's crystal clear, but the sense of my question was: what is the
point, if you slow down not just ageing, but everything else as well?

Not implying that CR does just that.

But I took intermittent cryosuspensions or life at a relativistic
speed as examples that not all method to "slow the ageing process" are
equal...

--
Stefano Vaj