[ExI] fatasies

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 01:00:11 UTC 2010

Damien wrote:
(My impression, which might be wrong, is that most of the US fatasy writers
are themselves lumberingly obese--although the Aussie women fatasy
scribblers tend to be slenderish and attractive. Dunno why.)**

Damien, shame on you for your very politically incorrect case of "lookism!"
lol

I will say that this would make for an interesting $200,000 academic grant
proposal...  ; )  But I have noticed how many female fantasy authors are on
the big and homely side (including some Aussies).

One reason transhumanism attracts me is that I want to see these women
transformed through science (and their book royalties) into the types of
heroines they write about in their mega-long fantasy series.

And then they can be wooed by their no longer outwardly nerdy male fans who
have been modded out to look like the guys on the covers of historical
romance novels!  It will then be a much happier world...

John  : )

P.S.  When I met mega-selling author Heather Graham at the WHC in SLC, she
told me for a fun (and eye-opening) time I should attend the Romance Writers
of America Annual Conference.  And for ease of publishing, she encouraged me
to make my first novel a romance!