[ExI] Mining the Sky SL Talk I gave today

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Sat May 1 00:13:45 UTC 2010

--- On Fri, 4/30/10, David Lubkin <lubkin at unreasonable.com> wrote:
> So why not a hybrid solution -- use the techniques
> discussed
> earlier in the thread to get it into an empty region
> (northern
> Canada, Gobi Desert, etc.) and then the approach I
> suggested
> to pinpoint it?

By the time you've got it confined to said empty
region, you've probably got ways to track it.  If
nothing else, other people will track it anyway; if
you ask nice, they can provide some very precise
coordinates, possibly even video tracking it to
within a few kilometers of impact.

Which isn't to say you can do those other things
too.  Just that there doesn't seem to be a point,
if you have it confined to a large region anyway.