[ExI] elephant painting

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat May 8 22:13:07 UTC 2010

...On Behalf Of samantha
	Subject: Re: [ExI] elephant painting

	...Are the animals getting smarter or what?...	- samantha

Excellent question.  I am persuaded that animals are becoming dramatically
smarter as they come into contact with humans, and humans are becoming
smarter from contact with other animals.  Humans have undergone a huge
transformation in our ways in just the last few centuries.  I am watching
the local ravens.  A few years ago, I saw for the first time ravens putting
hickory nuts on the road to be crushed by passing cars.  Now we have one or
more doing that in my own neighborhood.  Not only that, the raven is putting
the nuts at the end of a driveway, and aligning it with the tires of a
parked car.  Last week I obliged her and ran over the nut.  This week there
are several more out there.  Funny, I have been a beast watcher for, well
always, and I am seeing what I think is a fundamental change in the behavior
of some beasts, to best take advantage of human technology.