[ExI] Divenire Breaking News!!

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon May 10 17:54:39 UTC 2010

On 5/10/10, Stefano Vaj  wrote:
> As some of you may recall, Divenire. Rassegna di Studi Interdisciplinari
> sulla Tecnica e il Postumano is the only explicitely transhumanist and
> "scholarly" magazine/collective-book series in Europe, and one of the main
> efforts of the Associazione Italiana Transumanisti aimed at the diffusion of
> H+ ideas, also thank to the contributions of several high-profile authors
> from very diverse fields and philosophical backgrounds.
>
> Now, Divenire is also on the Web, at the address http://www.divenire.org,
> where the articles and essays included in the first two volumes have already
> been made available full-text, both for online access and as PDF files,
> together with the summaries, the contributors' bios, the list of the members
> of the scientific board, etc.
>
> In the AIT's plans, in order not to interfere too much with the sales of the
> paper version, each issue will be regularly uploaded when the subsequent
> volume is in print. Original versions, and/or translations, of such texts
> might be added or linked at a later stage.
>
> --

Unfortunately divenire appears to be a totally Flash 10 driven site.

This means that foreign users cannot use the 'Translate this page' feature.
(Because there isn't a web page, just a Flash picture).

We can translate AIT pages just fine, for example.

How about a 'Bypass Flash' button which links to normal web pages?

BillK