[ExI] Enlightenment

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Fri May 14 14:56:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, 14 May 2010, Ben Zaiboc wrote:

> I wrote:
>
> > I'm a little intrigued by Tomasz's email sig:
> >
> > ** A C programmer asked whether computer had Buddha's nature.      **
> > ** As the answer, master did "rm -rif" on the programmer's home    **
> > ** directory. And then the C programmer became enlightened...      **
> >

> > It seems to me that either it should be "And then the computer became
> > enlightened", or that englightenment = rage, rather than nirvana.
> >
> > Ben Zaiboc
>
> Oh, hang on, does "the programmer's home directory" refer to the
> programmer himself, not his computer?  Yes, it does, doesn't it.

Actually, on a UNIX-like OSes (or, on those that are multiuser by design),
every user has his place in which he is supposed to do his job. That's
called his home directory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_directory

"rm -rif" is a UNIX command. If you don't know what it does, don't try it.
It can induce headaches worser than in katzenjammer.

Regards,
Tomasz Rola