[ExI] META: Moderation notice (was: Re: R: Re: A question to the moderators)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon May 17 09:34:02 UTC 2010

On 16 May 2010 16:51, estropico <estropico at gmail.com> wrote:

> One last thing if I may...
> This is your list and I will accept whatever you decide on this, but
> I'm wondering whether a *blanket* ban on this specific topic (i.e.
> whether or not a branch of Italian transhumanism has connections with
> neofascism) is the most suitable approach. I completely understand
> your desire to avoid any further flames, but those that occurred in
> the past were mainly caused by the use of name-calling in place of
> reasoned debate. Your strong clarification of where the boundaries of
> acceptable behaviour lie should help a lot in preventing a repeat of
> that (especially if coupled with robust and pront moderation).

And if you may not, you did it anyway, didn't you? :-)

Exactly raising, *on list*,  the subject Max remarked had not been touched
(yet), so making my passing remark unwarranted in the context, as I
willingly acknowledged.

Well, let us say that my alleged "name-calling" has been quickly vindicated.

But I shall not fall in the trap of feeding that exchange any further by
engaging, to everybody's annoyance, in a silly contest for the last word,
and will reply privately to the moderators.

--
Stefano Vaj