[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon May 17 19:50:52 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of BillK
> But it looks to me like winning a battle and losing the war...
> they should have said was that they were unable to fulfill
> the contract due to deliberate obstructionism from the
> relatives and refused to return the money to the relatives...
> BillK

BillK makes a compelling case for quadrant 2 on the grounds that it is
better PR for Alcor and cryonics in general.

Quad 1) refund, no dig
Quad 2) no refund, no dig
Quad 3) refund, dig
Quad 4) no refund, dig.

I chose quadrant 4, recogizing the PR disadvantages.  Quad 2 would have been
my second choice, behind quad 4 by a very thin margin.

This may turn into an interesting discussion, especially if anyone presents
compelling arguments for quads 1 and 3.  If you wish, you may third-person
yourself to argue for those two cases, creating a sock-puppet: Mr. Argyle
says refund and no dig because yakkity yak, but Ms. McLegg says refund and
dig because bla bla.

Thanks BillK!