[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

Tim Halterman timhalterman at gmail.com
Mon May 17 20:27:29 UTC 2010

I believe Alcor made the right decision in exhuming and preserving the
individual even if the optimal time to do so had passed.  The simple fact of
the matter is we do not know what technology we will haves access to in the
future for the process of reanimation.  I can be confident in the fact that
having the physical remains no matter that state would make whatever process
easier.

Quad 1) refund, no dig
Quad 2) no refund, no dig
Quad 3) refund, dig
Quad 4) no refund, dig.

I would have preferred Quad 4 and then Quad 3.   Legality of money issues
aside, as an individual I entered into a good faith contract with Alcor and
would expect them to live up to their end of the bargain no matter the end
financial consequences.  While I realize the general public may feel yuck
about it as a potential customer I feel Alcor made the best decision.

-Tim