[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon May 17 20:46:15 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Cryonics is getting weird
>
> I'd go with BillK on this: no refund, no exhumation,
> certainly no cryo on decomposed remains. It's (so to speak) a
> no brainer.
>
> Damien Broderick

Do pardon my overposting today, for there is much interesting discussion
currently.

Thanks Damien, extra points for the wordplay.  But do let us explore this
highly relevant thought space with the most extreme thoroughness.  You
offered an opinion, but not so much a line of reasoning.  I agree, the
freezing of an empty skull is not a good thing from a PR standpoint.
Richardson is an extreme case, but the real problem is in defining the go-no
go point.  What if the cryonaut had been perished a week instead of a year?
A day?  How do we clearly legally define "decomposed remains"?  How would
you defend quad 2 to a religion memebot?

Damien, since you are an excellent writer, do allow me to invite you to take
up one of the other positions: your friend Damien is a quad 2er but I, Ms
McLegg have become persuaded to be a quad 1er (or 3er) because...

Others please?