[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon May 17 21:10:40 UTC 2010

On 5/17/2010 3:27 PM, Tim Halterman wrote:

> I believe Alcor made the right decision in exhuming and preserving the
> individual even if the optimal time to do so had passed.

Suppose the remains had been cremated and cemented into a mausoleum.
Would you still advocate retrieving the ashes and freezing *them*?

(But then again, I suppose that in the real case there's the faintest
remote chance that some sort of entanglement might persist despite
decay, and that in the future marvelous science/technology might
reconstruct a holographic replica of the original using whatever had not
been entirely dissipated. Almost impossibly hard to take seriously, but
then again--)

Damien Broderick