[ExI] NonRocketLaunchTech

nohone nohone at slingshot.co.nz
Tue May 18 06:18:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, 18 May 2010 12:45:29 +1200, samantha <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> While I didn't cover solar sails some of you may enjoy or care to
> comment on my latest compilation of space related material and SL talk.
> This one was on non-rocket means of space launch.   It can be found at
> http://soft-transcend.org/Fulfillment/chatLogs/051510_NonRocketLaunchTech.htm.
>
> - samantha

Hi Samantha, just wanted to say I enjoyed your chatlog and thanks for making your talk available outside of SL for us SL phobes.

One thing I thought you could have included was the balloon assisted rocket ideas being developed, they may not pan out long term, but it does strike me as being a whole lot more practical and of achievably smaller scale than some in your talk.