[ExI] Israel and Transhumanism article in H+

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Tue May 18 23:48:27 UTC 2010

John Grigg wrote:

>An excellent H+ article about how Israel is becoming a center of
>transhumanist technologies and thinking.  I admit to finding a great
>deal of irony in this development.
>
>Next up, the state of Utah and the Mormon faith? hee

If you knew more about Israel, you'd find less irony. Most Israeli Jews
(approx 85%) are not observant at all, and somewhat annoyed with
those who are. (The parliamentary system almost always means that
the religious political parties are needed for a coalition, and their
price is inconveniences like the busses not running on Saturday.)

Meanwhile, Israel is the world leader for tech startups, which is
consistent with transhumanist technophilia. I recommend

Start-up Nation: The Story of Israel's Economic Miracle
<http://www.amazon.com/dp/044654146X>
4.5 stars (69 votes)

for why. In checking the URL, I saw a rave review by Edward Roberts,
who founded and runs the MIT Entrepreneurship Center --

<http://www.amazon.com/review/R1X340Z0CMV8X9>
***** Spectacular insights into building an entrepreneurial society

-- David.