[ExI] trutherism: was RE: Social aim for Transhumanism: Better thinking about issues

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 21:02:19 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 3:35 PM, samantha <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
> It does not burn hot enough to melt

Yes.

> or significantly weaken skyscraper  still.

Wrong.  It does, it did, the columns deformed, the buildings came down.

> That is a fact.

No, that is your overconfident misinformed notion .  The collapse of
the towers and building seven, that is fact.

> It has been proven

Unsourced misinformed overconfidence.

> even in fires that burned much
> longer for 24 hours.

Building seven came down before the end of the day.  Historical empirical fact.

My g*d, your not a "truther" are you Samantha?!!!

> Steel does not become like warm butter at those temperatures.

No, it becomes like hot steel: softer, weaker.

You need to read the article, Samantha.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20627606.100-living-in-denial-why-sensible-people-reject-the-truth.html?full=true

You're over -the-top unwarranted certitude is a prime symptom of the
phenomenon the article addresses.

 Best, Jeff Davis

        "The whole problem with the world is that fools
                and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
                             and wiser people so full of doubts."

                                                     Bertrand Russell