[ExI] Cryonics is getting more respect from the courts

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu May 20 16:50:34 UTC 2010

On 19 May 2010 04:19, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm curious to know how many of you believe an actual biological
> reanimation (and not simply a scan & simulation) will be possible at
> some point (and if that is preferable to other options).  I'm just not
> content with having a copy made.
>
> I'd better be careful or this could lead to one of those
> identity/qualia threads that seem to go on forever...  ; )

In fact,.doubts exist amongst those who have an "essentialist", as
opposed to as "functionalist", view of identity even in the event of a
biological reanimation.

After all, aren't zombies, philosophical or other, the archetypical
reanimated corpses?

More coerent and better-behaving zombies do not imply much upon their
internal states or whether they are "copies", in (approximately) the
same bodies, of the old individuals, or "originals"...

--
Stefano Vaj