[ExI] Those crazy-eyed optimists!

samantha sjatkins at mac.com
Fri May 21 20:13:02 UTC 2010

John Grigg wrote:
> Those darn optimists...
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/science/18tier.html

Neither optimism or pessimism is realistic by definition.  Our economic
situation is actually a very real and serious mess that could derail
much of our plans.  Many of us said some of that back when things looked
much more rosy.  Yeah, yeah, you have to be right sometime if your are
consistent.   But people used to laugh at major dumps in the DOW being
possible or oil priced over $100/barrel as sky is falling mind rot.   An
energy war is not impossible and is likely from Peak Oil and eventually,
if we get much real recovery, much higher demand.  We get nearly over
70% of all energy from oil, natural gas and coal.    You could say US
continued war in the Middle East is the beginning.

So neither rose colored glasse or sackcloth and ashes seem to be called
for.  Eyes wide open and do the best we can to resolve the challenges
and move forward with our dreams.

- samantha