[ExI] Ilsa Bartlett comments about our cryonics thread

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat May 22 03:27:01 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

My friend Ilsa Bartlett (currently studying to be a Buddhist Chaplain)
wanted me to share these thoughts of hers with the list...

Ilsa Bartlett wrote:
I so want to add that from a chaplain's point of view the dead person
has no say after he or she dies and that unless there is a tight power
of attorney who will shepard the dead man's wishes, the living
relatives have the right to do whatever they want.  And legally can
both retain the money paid and do with the body according to their
desires.  Imagine that you have no legal say once you are DEAD!

My daughter told me that I can say anything I want, but that she would
do what she wants, once I am dead.  But in my hospice training I was
taught the actual law that makes my daughter's words the legal truth!
You can check this on the Zen hospice website or with any hospital.
How is it that the Extropes think Alcor is beyond the same laws that
makes the power of attorney stronger than a will or contract?

I will relay any responses back to her.

John