[ExI] Fwd: About your "Open Letter on Brain Preservation" petition signature

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun May 23 16:11:53 UTC 2010

On 5/23/2010 5:38 AM, Brent wrote:

> And this is not to mention the various diverse beliefs about
> what are the best methods (chemical, cryogenic, whole body...) for
> preservation... for which this statement is obviously needlessly
> biased towards one.

This was the aspect that struck me most: the extreme and rather bizarre
specificity of demanding the right to use "today’s chemical fixation and
plastic embedding techniques" and "We believe it is the medical
community’s responsibility to develop an absolutely reliable and
repeatable Emergency Glutaraldehyde Perfusion (EGP) procedure that
ensures rapid and complete perfusion throughout a patient’s brain."

Damien Broderick