[ExI] essentialism and/or continuity

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed May 26 06:32:35 UTC 2010

On 5/26/10, Emlyn  wrote:
> Identity is arbitrary and malleable, yep I'll buy that.
>
>  I think it's good that we write these endless identity threads. Post
>  uploading, the sense of what identity is will have changed so much,
>  that these written records might be the only way the uploads can
>  figure out how humanity used to feel about the self.

I just happened to mention this to my CIA contact (or Deep Throat, as
I nicknamed him) and he gave me a funny look. An hour later an
encrypted 50-page pdf file arrived in my inbox, detailing exactly who
I was and had been.

It self-destructed after 30 minutes, but I don't think that's what
malleable means.

BillK