[ExI] Gene Patents: Good or Bad?

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed May 26 18:33:33 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 3:41 AM, samantha <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
> Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:

> Now, give me a direct link to a preferably peer-reviewed publication
> on the subject of efficiency of patent law, and we could have a
> discussion.
>

> What exactly would be valid measurements of or criteria for this
> "efficiency"?    What kinds of peers in what areas?

### Efficiency: There are two measures that appear to be most
appropriate in this context:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaldor-Hicks_efficiency

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_efficiency

and we can discuss why I think so, if you wish.

Peers - reviewers of mainstream economics literature, possibly to a
lesser extent law journals. Do you want me to list which journals I
deem to be mainstream?

Rafal