[ExI] Flash of insight...

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 1 00:19:40 UTC 2010

> And remember that there are two parts to most conscious perception.
> There is the conscious knowledge, and it's  referent.  For out of  body
> experiences, the knowledge of our 'spirit' or 'I' leaves our knowledge
> of our body (all in our brain).

> Our conscious knowledge of our body has a referent in reality, but  our
> knowledge of this 'spirit' does not.  Surely in the future we'll be able
> to alter and represent all this conscious knowledge any way we want.
> And evolution surely had survivable reasons for usually representing
> this 'I' just behind our knowledge of our eyes.

Interesting.

I don't seem to have any such perception. I see what I see, I type what
I type, but I'm not, metaphysically speaking, directly present in any of
my own perceptions.

I have no perception at all of being "inside my head" -- I am my head.
=P It seems perfectly natural to me.

People are always talking about this concept of "self esteem" WTF is
that? I mean it's meaningless to either hold one's self in esteem or
contempt.

Generally, by my appearance and sometimes by my actions, I do display a
lack of self-consciousness. =\ I'm not sure if that's directly related.

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.