[ExI] Singularity spotting

Tom Nowell nebathenemi at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 5 22:31:16 UTC 2010

I saw the Xbox game "Singularity" prominently on sale while at a games store, wondering if I could run Civilisation 5 on my PC. Plus, with "Transhuman Space","Eclipse Phase" and other games bringing transhumanism to role-playing games, I saw this cartoon:

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/images/site_resources/Happy%20D20%20Adventures%20-%2013.jpg

Plus I remember reading in a New Scientist interview maybe two weeks back where the man interviewed said that "we'll either face a singularity-type scenario or a new dark age".

So, there's ever-expanding popular usage of The Singularity as a concept. At this rate, it'll be 2011-s buzzword.

Tom